Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool’s and Rainy Days

I woke up early this morning to the sound of rain again on our metal roof. I’m not sure if our drought is officially over, but the recent rains have certainly helped the dry conditions in Georgia. It seems that we’ve had more clouds than sunshine for the past several days. I am ready for a few sunny days! The childhood rhyme “April showers bring May flowers” is running over and over in my mind, but I’d like to see some April flowers smiling up at a bright blue sky. My tomato and pepper seedlings would also appreciate some sun. They are drowning from sitting in puddles, and their poor little stems are straining to stay upright. They need some dry weather and sunshine to get stronger and take off growing.

It is also April Fool’s Day. I don’t have any plans to play any tricks on anyone – namely, Phil, since he is the closest one to me on this day. Over the course of my life, as a very gullible and highly impressionable individual, I have been the recipient of many April Fool’s tricks. I have also been the successful instigator of some pretty good ones, because nobody ever suspects me of doing something of a devious nature. I’m just not in the mood for all this today, and it’s not in my heart to try to trick someone. I am happy that March and winter is over, and that spring is hiding behind the clouds. I want to see some sunshine!

Maybe this morning is nature’s April Fool’s joke on me- waking me up at 5:00 am to more rain.

No comments: