Friday, April 2, 2010

My Life - My Inspiration - My Sons

In my collection of days, I generally share tidbits and insights about my life and my days. I am taking exception today to write about my sons, and how they have enriched every day of my life since they entered my world.

Wade, my first-born, is the author of many of my pet sayings, the favorite of which is, “It’s a froggy day,” when he so creatively described a dreary, rainy day while gazing out the window one morning when he was about three years old. This has been a year of many froggy days in Georgia, and I think about Wade every morning that I awaken to the sound of rain on our metal roof. Wade is a computer animator, after breezing through a series of unfulfilling occupations, seeking one that would stick. He’s been doing this for several years now, and I think he’s found his bliss at the computer. Last week my niece, Connie, and I saw the movie, “Alice in Wonderland,” which is the latest project that has Wade’s fingerprints on it. Talk about a proud mom! If you haven’t seen it yet, you must go see “Alice.” Wade is now awaiting an interview with an animation studio in Australia for a short-term project, and all my fingers and toes are crossed for him, hoping he’ll get the gig! I am already eager to see the next animated movie that he’ll work on.

For my younger son, Brian, a tornado of creativity and energy, the world is his stage, and has been since he played the part of a crow jumping out of a pie in a kindergarten production. He’s been in New York City since graduating from college - could it be 13 years ago? Beginning with a desire to perform on the New York stage, his focus shifted to writing plays, where he created roles for himself. His two plays have seen the off-Broadway stage in New York theater festivals within the past year – he performed in both. One of the plays, “The Jungle Fun Room,” is currently stretching its wings in high school student productions. Brian has also penned a novel, which is now in search of a publisher. Whenever I go to New York to visit Brian, I know that I’ll have a great time with him, his partner, Roy, and all their friends. For those who are interested in learning more about Brian’s latest venture with his play, “Checking In,” please visit http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/373621928/checking-in-the-movie, where you can read about “Checking In,” the movie.

I can’t imagine what my life would be without Wade and Brian. They have brought such joy and inspiration into my life; I can’t begin to describe it in words. My personal life may seem unexciting at times here in rural Georgia, but I always know that with my sons out there in the world, a new adventure is just around the bend for me!

How I love my boys!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Such a gorgeously penned love letter to your sons. I am so honored to call Brian such a close friend.